Sunday, April 12, 2009

Of Writings and....stuff.

Welllllll....I am actually posting in a somewhat timely fashion. Imagine that!

I've got several projects I'm kind of working on. And by working on I mean have started within the last 5 years and haven't touched since their inception...seems to be a theme for me.

Just a sec, gonna take a shower.

.....

Much better. (I know it seems instantaneous, but I just took 20 min. to bathe. I like long showers :P)

Now, as I was saying...I've got several projects I'm going to try and focus on more and more. Needless to say, I'm going to TRY and complete some of these (damn, I went and said it), so here's hoping I can motivate myself.

Tabletop RPG - Basically, I've got two ideas. One stems from a super hero world, and the other is where it's basically a zombie game, but far more tongue in cheek.

Novel - I was originally going to do this one as a video game, but lack of interest from those I discussed things with, and also a lack of knowledge from myself in getting it there (even as an amatuer endeavor) led me to think it would be a great idea as a novel: Cold Mentality. Basically follows one guy as he takes a cruise along the western coast up towards Alaska (They have Alaskan crusies...did you know that??) and the madness that ensues. Very dark, very grim...hopefully I can pull it off. I've always had a soft sport for horror, and now I'm going to try my hand at it.

Comics - Too many to even go into, sadly...and most will never see the light of day. I do, however, have a short that will be part of a local anthology for free comic book day, and I'm looking forward to seeing myself in print for the first time EVER. Even though it's an amatuer thing, I'm still incredibly proud of it and myself. Other than that, there IS one idea I've got for either a comic or maybe a novel about zombies, but I'm not 100% sure which medium I want to use for that.

I will say, however, I got an interesting idea about the symbiotic nature of three 'parastic' creatures of legend. Vampires, Werewolves, and ....uh....man eating plants. Don't ask; it all came from a rather odd dream. But I like to think that I have something here, providing I can polish it.

Also, there was an idea for a 'multiple universe' thing I haven't even touched aside from the idea for it, where it's all the same person, just from different realities...and they're all hunting another one of them, who happens to be a serial killer who only kills...you guessed it: himself. Sounds convoluted, but interesting.

Web Comics - I worked with Brian (Mordok) for a number of months on an old, and now entirely defunct webcomic (that used to be on this very site) called Pop Culture Isn't Safe. Since then, I've changed artists and ideas, but ultimately it's always sort of flopped for one reason or another. I've got a NEW idea that I've had brewing since last year, and I'm hoping that with a new artist in tow, I can get it off the ground.

Especially since this is going to have a beginning, a middle, and an end. I gave a lot of thought to this, and if I want to tell a story, and interject humor, that's all well and fine. But an indefinate web comic, it is just not the place for it (CAD has taught us this...and I refuse to link to it because I can't stand Tim Buckley :P). But on the flip side, Something Positive has taught us it can work very well.

I'm just not sure if I'm up to that task, you know? All in good time, I suppose. Anyway, it's still centering around a comic book shop, but the characters have undergone a MASSIVE change, and no longer 'represent' people I know 1:1. Now they're more amalgamations of several people I know, and ideas I've had, so I hope I can pull it all together. I've got a skeletal outline of the major plot points for several months, just need to bring it all into a cohesive project that is easy to understand so the artist can make sense of it.

Or something.

I'd go into detail on these things, but I need to keep you people wanting more! Also, it makes it far more interesting when I release little tidbits of whatever I'm writing, and if I were to just lay it all out on the table NOW, it certainly wouldn't be as enjoyable later. That and I'm a cocktease.

Anyway, that's it for now. Stay frosty.

No comments:

Post a Comment