Thursday, June 4, 2009

Time to write

Well, the meeting thing went rather well last night. I didn't really contribute much, but then everything I probably would have brought up was already discussed, so I chipped in with 'yeah, exactly' and 'Yes, that's what I was thinking' and felt like I was a contributing member of society.

Anyway, within the next few days there are going to be a few discussions about what format the book will be in (Standard comic size...7.25"x10.25" I believe, or Ashcan...5.25"x8.5") as well as an naming scheme.

The suggestions so far were to maybe call ourselves something over reaching, be it Dog Cannon (the previous venture much like this that sort of petered out) or something unique...and if we want to name all our comics 'X vol. 1' and so forth of some sort of continuous theme, like the Vicious Ambitious folks down in Calgary with their 'Juice' line...Pumpkin Juice (horror and halloween theme), Rocket Juice (Sci-Fi) and etc.

Personally, I'm a fan of the continuous idea, but I'm actually just happy to be involved. Hopefully this ends up staying strong (there were about 20 people there last night!) and remains focused.

As for me? I need to stay strong and focused as well. The next meeting is in 2 weeks time, and I better have a few ideas to pitch to artists there to see if I can find one, as well as have for the others to critique. One really nice thing is this isn't only a creative venture, but an opportunity to get fresh unbias eyes to look at our works.

No comments:

Post a Comment