Sunday, May 8, 2011

By the end of the month

The poetry book is a go.

I know, I'm rather excited as well. I've even come up with a name, at the suggestion of someone who is a member of a forum I frequent.

One Bleeds to Feed the Other will hopefully be finished by the end of May and ready to purchase. I'll be doing the regular print copies as well as eBook copies through Amazon and the iPhone book store.

Also, got a guy designing the cover to the poetry book, and I'm rather excited about that. At first I wasn't a fan of the cover he'd come up with. I felt it was off the mark of my original idea (and keep in mind at the time this was merely a mock-up). But when he showed me a closer representation of my original idea side by side with the one he'd come up with...

Well, my idea was crap. I don't mean that in the silly 'Oh, everything I do is crap' but in the 'Oh god, that's TERRIBLE!' way. So I gave him a greenlight for the cover he came up with (after showing a few friends who also loved it, ha) and am waiting for him to finish.

The book is pretty much finished as far as proofreading goes. I'm still waiting on a friend or two to get back to me with their suggestions and notes, but I'm pretty confident most of it was caught in the first pass.

I am really looking forward to this. Not only is it something I'm proud of, but it will mark a special time in my life: The first time I actually got something done for myself in my writing career. About damn time, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment