Monday, June 13, 2011

Digital Editions DONE

I'm sitting here, quite proud of myself for getting this far. I've got digital versions (iBookstore and Kindle) of my poetry book out there alongside the print copy. I'm published in every sense of the word.

It's exhilirating, to be frank. I've accomplished something that I set for myself. I reached a goal. I've never been one to actually finish a project. Sure I'm creative and I'll work hard on something now and then, but to see it to total completion? Rare. Now, time to break beyond that.

I've got that novel I was working on. Think I'll try and revisit that.

But I also have some more excellent news: I found an illustrator for my children's book! And she's wanting to work for peanuts! Heh, she's a good friend of mine and was really looking for simply a credit in her portfolio, but I convinced her to at least do a 50/50 split of the profits.

Things are moving forward, despite myself. I was always afraid of this moment...What do I do after I'd accomplished my first real 'victory'? How do I follow that act?

I think I'm doing well.

No comments:

Post a Comment