Thursday, June 2, 2011

Walter Wants to be A Witch

So with the poetry book done (Ordering the proof copy tonight) I'm sitting here wondering what to do next. Then it hits me like a ton of bricks. I haven't really done anything for my son, which seems odd given my passion for writing and the fact I express myself through that art. So I wrote a children's book for my son. Hopefully he enjoys it.

I actually wrote it very quickly (which surprised me) with only a base idea for what I wanted it to be. Had a friend read it over and they agreed it was crap (in a nice way) and that the flow was really off. So I re-wrote it and they loved it! With them being a parent as well, I'll take that as a good sign.

I dunno if I'm going to make it a series or not, to be honest. We'll see how the first one goes. But I'm rather proud of myself. Two books done in about a month. Not 100% done, but done from a writing perspective. And it feels great.

No comments:

Post a Comment