Monday, January 7, 2013

Like Some Kind of Vortex

Being sick isn't fun. Having to work while you're sick is even worse.

I've been sapped of not only strength, but all motivation to write. Fear not, however. I'm writing, just not much right now. Thankfully I see this all as a minor setback and not some major 'OH GAWD WHY' moment in life.

I am working on a web comic idea along side the RPG one (and this in turn is different than the web comic based on the RPG). I like doing multiple projects, honestly.

Why?

It keeps me fresh. If I get burned out on one idea I can just move on the the next, and sort of bounce back and forth to keep myself from getting either too bored, or force myself to 'produce' something.

Anyway, the other web comic idea is a reboot of my original comic, the PCIS one. For those of you who are unaware, PCIS stands for Pop Culture Isn't Safe and you can view all the old strips on my deviant account here: http://hawkzombie.deviantart.com/

Sadly I have zero artistic talent, so I didn't draw any of the comics. But I did write them all. I wanted to take a more serious approach, and actually wrote out a plot framework for it over the span of 2-3 years, making it a finite endeavor. It never got off the ground like I wanted it to, but I kept all the information and ideas and characters so I could always go back to it whenever I felt like it.

Maybe I will tonight. Or Maybe I'll be inspired to try my hand at making an RPG dice system from scratch. WOO.

No comments:

Post a Comment