Friday, June 19, 2009

Alberta Comic Group

Another Meeting!

I probably should've posted a little since last time, but personal issues (sickness in the family) and other errata kept me from writing, let alone thinking about coming online to update the old blog.

At any rate, there was a second meeting this past Wednesday. Less people showed up (most had a schedule conflict) but it was still a solid evening for creativity. I brought along two new one shot ideas, and I got some really good ideas and feedback for both, and even found myself two artists (Well, two people interested in doing some character designs at least!) Once I have some stuff I'll show it off.

The best part was I feel I'm starting to really not only embrace being a writer for once, but I'm also getting a sense of self. One of my greatest weaknesses is the fact that I have little to no self confidence over my abilities. And as such, I usually stay very shy, quiet, and reserved, and do very little in the way of sharing my stuff...especially in person, and ESPECIALLY to people I barely know. Online it's a little different; I can post, and hide behind a glowing computer monitor. In person I have to anxiously await how they interpreted my stuff, and their thoughts on it.

The meeting was a sort of breakthrough for me. I not only showed people my stuff freely, but I was able to dialog about it and not stumble over my own thoughts (Which are quite jumbled). It was exciting, and really got me pumped.

I think I might be getting the hang of this whole 'writer' thing. Only took me a decade.

No comments:

Post a Comment